MEETING AN OLDIE IS NOT SO PAINFUL. LINGER AND GIVE IT A GO

I invite you to visit also my literary blog: Journeys in Creative Writing where I post original fiction including short stories, poetry and 'Paternity', a full length mystery novel.


Friday 11 July 2008

IT'S WINTER IN AUSTRALIA


It's winter in Australia and that can mean a range of climates in this big land - snow and freezing winds to warmth and sunshine where swimming isn't out of the question.

I live in Northern New South Wales, not far from the Queensland border and the Gold Coast, our famous tourist trap and somewhere in the middle, weather wise. In a week here we can still feel very warm indeed, basking in the sunshine, and on another day, quite cold while fending off an intrusive wind. No real extremes however.

Luckily, my neck of the woods (south of the border) is a stone's throw from beautiful rolling green hills and sparkling estuaries, paddocks of edible crops, cows and horses, creamy sand and rolling waves. My own house is on suburban land.

Right now I'm feeling poorly done by because I have a jumper on and I can feel the cold sneaking around my nose and cheeks. The reality is that it's great weather for a brisk walk on the beach - and that's my target this morning.

No swimming though - too cold for me!

That's why I thought I'd be a bit nostalgic and include in my post some pix taken last summer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's good to know who's taking a peek! I will certainly reply to your message.
Maybe you'll also be interested in my other blog www.journeysincreativewriting.blogspot.com